Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Let's Hear It For the Boys

When I asked what to write about on Summer Wind, I got a great response through comments and e-mails! I am so appreciative for all of the input!
  Several people wanted to know about my dating life. As much as I can totally understand the curiosity and as much as I would love to post about it, I just can't. I am truly sorry to disappoint anyone. I try really hard to be as open as possible on Summer Wind so, instead of avoiding the topic, I want to explain why I don't talk about guys I like, am dating, etc.
Because of my audience
The boys that I date/have dated/like/dislike/etc. read here. I think the only time I would put my relationship on Summer Wind is if I were engaged. I just think it would make things so awkward if I referred to guys without their permission, not to mention, it would be disrespectful to their privacy. I think it could get me in a bit of a predicament!! 
It is also because my family, friends, coworkers, boss, etc. read here. Pretty much, everyone, I know IRL (in 'real' life) knows about /reads this blog and supports it, which is awesome and I appreciate it so much!! But, I also wouldn't necessarily tell all of those people about my dating life. This is my mentality when deciding what to post on SW. As much as I would like to share more about my personal life, I feel that it is not appropriate. I am very careful as to what I put on this blog as the entire world could read if they wanted to. I hope you all can understand and respect this! 
Billboard Mentality 
My mentality is that if I wouldn't want it up on a billboard, then I won't post it. I write about what I can and try to be as transparent as possible (this post, for example, was the hardest post I have ever written, and I loved writing this and this and this and this). I really try to get close to that 'line' without crossing it! If you have any suggestions on specific real-life topics that I can write about, please let me know! 
What Would I Want in This Situation?
If the situation was reversed and I was dating a male blogger, I would not appreciate being put on his website. I think that it would be weird if I was casually dating, let's say a sports blogger, and he paused his usual topics of baseball and football to write about me/our dates. I think the same goes for Summer Wind.
Privacy 
I could potentially write about my dating life with vague references (like this) and generalizations and Taylor Swift lyrics (because really, I can always find a TSwift song that applies to my situation or lack of), but, how frustrating is reading something that is so incredibly vague? 
I think if you would like to read more about dating as a 20-something, I could possibly incorporate what I wear on dates or my favorite date night spots in Pittsburgh on Summer Wind?! I would really love to write about my worst date ever (because that totally happened and it's so funny, now) or how I got over a bad breakup but that would be entirely disrespectful to the guy. Anyone else have any ideas? 
One thing I will share about my dating life (that I feel is appropriate to share) is that, in general, I am very old fashioned. Frank said it best, of course, but I personally would not ask a guy out on a date, text a new guy first, call a guy first, etc. This isn't because I am shy or scared, but I just really appreciate a gentleman. Someone who asks me out on a nice date, someone who is not afraid to pick up the phone and call for no reason, who isn't afraid to 'text first' and who will hold the door, help me with my coat, walk me to my car, make sure I get home OK, etc. I think chivalry is certainly not dead and I expect that from any guy I date! 
If you are a blogger, do you incorporate your love life on your blog? I know this is a completely personal choice so please know that this is the choice I have made, but not necessarily the 'right' choice!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar